Sunday, March 30, 2014

Roaming around Seoul

 I took Kevin to Seoul's city walls for the grand overlook of the city.

With my own time in Seoul coming down to its last days, I look over the city with which I have become familiar. Two and a half months, hours of subways, millions of people who collectively share a similar historical and cultural background as myself, feelings of physically blending in and objectively sticking out, I will miss this city.


The War Memorial of Korea wonderfully pays homage to the Korean War's participants. The actual memorials at the beginning of the museum successfully elicits feelings of respect and honor to those who served. With the generation who served dwindling, and my the time with my own grandparents shortening , I feel my role is to learn history; It's the only thing I can do. 
Walking around Ewha and Sinchon to look at college city life and in search of food. Noticeably tired from all the walking. 

곱창, Soju and Beer to cap our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment