Friday, January 24, 2014

Day with 나은누나

나은누나 had a good time watching me fumbled through the directions that I had just learned yesterday on how to get to 이대. I did successfully reach my destination.

나은이누나 had to get blood collected for her new job at an animal hospital so we went to Samsung Hospital. These major Korean companies permeates all aspects of the daily live of Koreans. The hospital was extremely efficient with low wait time even though there was a high volume of people. They utilized the numbered ticket system to handle the large amount of people coming in . Even with no appointment, it was just a matter of picking a ticket and waiting for your number to be called.
Efficient hospital (from what I could tell)
Hospital Staff ready at hand to help

We ate lunch at a random place, but it turns out that it is well known. I didn't think I would find any dishes in Korea that I never tasted or wasn't relatively familiar with but  was surprised as I had 콩비지탕 for the first time. It's coarsely grinded soybeans (if I got the translation correction) and its sooth texture and taste were both novel things to me.


나은이누나 and I went to a photo gallery, but the actual exhibition only had about 15 photos. Within the traditional Korean house, there was a cafe where we sat down and flipped through some photography books. The books were signed by famous contemporary Korean photographers and I enjoyed explaining my views of photography to 나은이누나. We spent 3 to 4 hours in the cafe as there were no one else and we just talked for the sake of me practicing Korean and for the sake of talking. It's nice to practice Korean with family because there's just more patience, understanding, and the willingness to teach. I would say it's the most Korean I've talked in my life, at least in recent years. We took our time and it was a nice cap to our lazy day. When there's no worries, there's no rush.
Music playing in the background as we looked through books such as Park Jong Woo and Lee Gap Chul.

No comments:

Post a Comment