Thursday, January 16, 2014

Nonstop to Korea please




I arrived at SFO Thursday afternoon. Flying with Singapore airlines, the lines for checkout and security were negligible. I had a couple hours to kill so I roamed the terminal with my one carry-on and camera in hand.  The people in the terminals were mostly Korean, Japanese, and Indonesian (just a guess, based on the connection flight from my own.)




Singapore Air treated me well, good food, comfortable seats, personal tv (albeit outdated), and friendly staff. Watching the stewardesses navigate the trenches of the ambiguous ethnicity of  the passengers was entertaining. They had to decided quickly which passengers to whom they could speak Korean or English. I felt own my equivocal identity as one stewardess would asking me in Korean whether I wanted bulgogi or fish and another Korean stewardess to ask me in English to put my seat up.








As an American, as a Korean, I'm ready for this trip to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment